Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again." ~Charles Dickens

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
GOTCHA.
AGAIN.

You thought it was an April Fool's post yesterday, didn't you?  DIDN'T YOU?
Well.  Now I will tell you something.  Mr. Martin did speak, that is he wrote--

I mean, it totally wasn't a prank.  Well, okay, it was a double prank.  Because everything I wrote yesterday was true, every word of it, and you thought it WAS a prank, and it wasn't, so it WAS a prank in the end because the point was for you to think that it was a prank.  Which it wasn't.

Somehow this reminds me of a scene from a movie...


 "I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."
:D

It was all Melody's idea, by the way.  But we chose to do it on my blog because I have more of a history with April Fool's pranks than she does.  *cough*  And therefore it would be more believable, coming from me.  Which it totally was.  *both giggle excessively*

Your comments amused us muchly, by the way.  We may or may not have done evil hand rubs.



Anyways, April Fool's Day is over and we are all bound to the truth for another 364 days, and I swear on the grave of my father Domingo Montoya that Melody is actually, really and truly here beside me as I type this.  We've been planning this visit for months, in point of fact, and simply decided not to tell anyone so that we could do this little prank.  (Well, okay, we told a few trusted peeps but they were sworn to absolute secrecy.)

And all that stuff about period dramas and late nights and lots of tea?  True, all of it.  Besides which, we've been doing things like window-shopping and sightseeing in certain big cities and going to local theater productions (we saw Jane Eyre on Friday night and it was delightful) and of course tea, as aforementioned.

*especially when accompanied by chocolate

It's a delightful thing, it really is, to see one's best friend again after a painful eight months of separation... those of you whose best friends live nearby, do appreciate what you have.  Cherish it and all that, because all the letters and emails and Skype calls in the world can't make up for having your very own Bestie Dearest beside you in real life.   (And if you haven't seen Cranford, you'll probably be reading that and saying, "um, what.")

Okay, Melody, you say somewhat so they know you're flesh and blood and not a doll to be married under the table.

Your sister should perhaps be told the latter.  Even if it is fictional characters... Melody Tilney sounds a bit odd. 

Ah, yes, my matchmaking sisters... heh.  We'll gloss over that bit.  Anything else to tell the nice people?  Do a queenly wave or something of the sort-- you don't get on my blog often enough for this to be an every-day, ordinary experience.

I shall do the Caroline Lee wave, in fact. :D


(That scene, btw?  Our screams probably would have deafened you.)

Anyways.  Hello, peasants.  It's awfully fun to be on this side of Amy's blog posting, just sayin'.  And of course I'm not trying to make you jealous. *smiles angelically* 

We wish we'd filmed our reaction, by the bye, but we were not foresighted enough-- plus we were in a hurry to get out the door.  It was priceless, anyways.  Take our word for it.

We really ought to get going now, though, because there is so much time and so little to do-- wait, scratch that.  Reverse it.
:D


13 comments:

Zoë said...

This was brilliant! :)
I love the Princess Bride picture and quote, by the way... ;]
Enjoy the time together - if your previous posts are any indication, your visit will be a thoroughly delightful one!

Catie Dunlap said...

You got me. Twice. lol. And I felt so smart when I realised it was a prank the first time...

Naomi Pitts said...

Hahahaha! You naughty things! That was wicked. :P
I laughed a lot- and I dearly love a laugh. I'm proud of myself now, that I had my doubts earlier on. :-)
You're not trying to make me jealous? Well you are. My best friends lives far far away and I have never even seen her. :-)
You two are lucky.

Anonymous said...

Wait...what? And I thought I was so clever the first time :( I was so sure that if Melody really was over, you would be writing half your post in capital letters....;)
Hope you girlies have a lovely time together.. maybe do a period drama movie review together? That would be fun to read.

- The Elf

Emma Jane said...

Ahahahahaha you got me. :-P Although I did have my doubts, since it seemed like an odd thing to joke about.

But anyway, I am very happy for y'all and I'm glad that you actually ARE together!

~Emma

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Hahaha, you totally got me!!
That was such a great idea-I was so sure it was an April Fool's Joke....aaaaand I was wrong. :)
Congrats that you guys are together again! Have fun!!

ps. I noticed you have a GIF from Emma Approved-could you tell me whether it's appropriate to watch? Thanks!

Unknown said...

So this is probably like strange for me to be commenting as I didn't read the April fools post *le gasp*, which I will do. I feel like I don't really comment here a lot (which is about to change, mwahaha. *cough*) but I do read here a lot and I *adore* Sink Me. Honestly. It's on my moi vos favoris list on my own blog. I just love it. And I cannot agree more that it is *the best* to hang out with your Bestie Dearest in person. And I do love Cranford but I didn't remember that line! Eeepp. Time to re-watch perhaps. ^_^

Cheers,
Kate

Marie said...

Good for you two! The fact that it was supposed to sound like an April Fool didn't even occur to me until I began reading the comments, and then I realized how clever it was. Heehee. I'm glad I didn't leave an earlier comment mentioning you two being together and blundering the whole thing...because you didn't exactly MENTION that it was a secret, you know. :)

Katelyn said...

I squealed when I got to the end and saw the Caroline Lee wave! I just watched that episode :) Made my day.

Glad you two are having such a good visit.

Elizabeth said...

Heeheee, it was fun to see people's comments and how they "weren't fooled!" Well, last year I was grievously fooled, but not this year! :) Because how could I be fooled after seeing Melody face to face? :D

Hayden said...

hahaha. You two... *shakes head indulgently*

Melody said...

You know, I never actually sat down and read these over until just now... sighhhh.
I miss you.
Also, that was fun. :)