Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"One teaspoon per person and one for the pot. Why does the pot get one?"


Just a reminder that the I'd Like to Share November Edition is coming up on November first (and will be the last you'll hear from me until December first) and that you should submit your entries by Thursday night in order to get them in!   I think I shall make a habit of using Jeeves and Wooster quotes for these reminder quotes... the series is just so dashed quotable, wouldn't you agree?

(Indeed, sir.)

Also, Petie's here at present (the visit got rescheduled a bit, you'll hear more later) and we're having a simply maaaaaaarvelous time.

And since I can't just end the post like this, here's a hilarious quote that isn't from the series.

“Wodehouse described Jeeves’ cough as ‘like a sheep clearing its throat of a blade of grass on a distant hillside.’ I tried practicing that but sounded more like a goat clearing its throat of a piece of cheese on a nearby hillside. These things are difficult.” 
~Stephen Fry

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the most ridiculous quote I have ever read. ...It's hilarious!! How does one come up with something like this?..

Alexander said...

Hope you guys have a great time!

Anne-girl said...

Oh they're having an superly duperly great time. They walk around giggling and saying 'hey we're at my lair again" and making recordings and videos. It's so much fun to watch them, I love it when people are excited and happy.

Anonymous said...

ETERNALLY JEALOUS!!!

And they're quoting that video, Anne-girl?!?! : ( Never have I felt more aloooooone.

-Eowyn-

Unknown said...

What is that quote from it sounds so familiar?!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE write a post about a little women dream cast !!! This would definitely please cute owl ;)