Friday, September 27, 2013

Celebrate Musicals Week: Jane Eyre Dream Cast


Did you guys know there's a Broadway musical based on one of my favorite novels?  
"Well, yes, Amy, you ramble on about Les Mis in, like, every other post on this blog... "

No, no, this isn't about Les Mis.  I'm talking about Jane Eyre: The Musical, which opened on Broadway in 2000 and sadly hasn't been revived since then.  It's a real pity, because it's a fantastic show (get thee to the cast album with all possible speed), but my Bestie Dearest (that's Melody) and I have come up with a solution for this void in our lives.  We've created a dream cast for a movie version of the musical (don't get your hopes up, this is all just for fun-- as far as we know there are no JE musical films in the works), and you can read all about it here on Melody's blog.

And since this post is so very short, I'll finish it off with a random gif of Ramin Karimloo doing an eyebrow thing, because it is entertaining and because Ramin Karimloo figures muchly in the post we wrote.  Go read it.

5 comments:

Melody said...

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA THE EYEBROW THING. :D That's hilarious.

Alexandra said...

I approve of the eyebrow thing. :P

Quinlyn said...

Oooh...I had heard about it, but never tried to find the songs. NOW, IT IS MY MISSION.

Unknown said...

Haha - suddenly I have has a flashback of "The Yankee Candle Shop".... HAHAHA :D

Miss Dashwood said...

Melody and Ally,
I know-- I may or may not have squealed when I came across that gif. :D

Quinlyn,
Oh, you should! It's so good! (Didn't mean to rhyme there...)

Alicia,
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hadn't even thought of that. YES. Indubitably. ;)