Monday, April 1, 2013

The les Mis Post You've All been Waiting For


Sorry, there was glitch with the photos for the last post. 
So last Tuesday night the I saw Les Miserables 2013 for the first time. I had see-oh so many-clips, and trailers, and interviews, but that night for the first time my sister and I sat down and watched the whole thing{excepting two scenes}.


I loved every minute of it. Well, almost every minute. Hugh jackman's Valjean blew me away, Marius was perfection {almost as perfect as Michael Ball ;)}, and I could not possibly imagine a more perfect movie ending.

But there was one thing that I must say disappointed me greatly.

Aaron Tviet's Enjolras. I can't believe I'm saying this but I really didn't like it. Before watching the movie I was anticipating his Enjolras perhaps more than any other part of the movie. But compared with the rest of this epic film his portrayal was rather...blah.

My sister and I cried through the barricades. But while she was crying because Courfeyrac was breaking his heart over Gavroche's death and because J-P was going to die, I was crying because the Enjolras parts were almost over and it hadn't been as awesome as I had expected.

I think in the end it was the way he took everything so quietly that I didn't like.I felt like he was acting the Enjolras of the book and what I really wanted to see was the Ejolras of the musical. All through Red and Black I kept thinking about Ramin and his excited idealism. 
   
With love,
The Anne-girl
P.S Dear Amy, Please don't be mad. I love you and your obsessions and fandoms muchly! btw after finally seeing the movie I hope Samantha Barks has fully grown on you. 

6 comments:

Hayden said...

*Laughs hysterically.*

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, sorry, Anne-girl, but you were busted before I even read the post! You see, Amy would never ever leave "les mis" uncapitalized in her post title. NEVER. So I knew there must be a blog hacker lurking about... :)

Elizabeth said...

Hahahaha!!! This was good! I didn't realize it as from you, Anne-girl! I thought it was another April Fools joke, and I knew I wasn't going to fell for it. :)

Marie said...

Hahaha! I totally believed this. Funny, Anne girl...

Margaret Hale said...

I really thought it was Amy writing!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, I actually thought it was the real thing, you're very good at pretending!!! :D:D