Friday, February 17, 2012

Fanfare, Please

Ladeeeeez and... ladies....

Miss Dashwood, your host this afternoon, is pleased, proud, pink-tickled and prunes-and-prismed (er, we won't go there) to announce the Grand Opening of a Brand-New Blog--namely, a collection of literary character profiles for your perusal, instruction, enjoyment and Improvement Of Your Mind!

People of the blogging and Internet world, may I present...


The Assembly Rooms: A Collection of Character Profiles from your favorite period dramas!

Assembly Rooms, the Bloggers.  Charmed.  Pleased. Enraptured.

The founder of this dee-light-full literary haven is the lovely Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion.  She is joined by three authors who h'assist 'er in writing the profiles: Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm, Melody of Regency Delight, and yours truly of this 'ere blog that's taking up your computer screen at the moment.  (I haven't published any profiles yet, but that will hopefully have changed by this time next week.)

Do hop on over and take a look at The Assembly Rooms!

9 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Thanks for helping me with The Assembly Rooms!

Maria said...

I found The Assembly Rooms earlier through your profile, and loved it. Delighted. :)

Alexandra said...

Squeee! I love it! Now you know I expect to see a certain profile up there eventually...:-P

Anyway. LOOOOOOVE it! How fun!!!

Melody said...

Haha, your post was so much more amusing than mine. ;-)

Jujube said...

You ladies are amazing! I love The Assembly Room and all those period drama profiles.

Rachel D. said...

Ahhh, that sounds like an amazing blog! Three of my favorite bloggers in one place! can't wait to check it out!

Isabel said...

What a lovely blog!

Anonymous said...

My dear Miss Dashwood,

I was wondering if you could possibly help me with something? Just tonight my family and I started watching the 2005 version of Bleak House (which I was wanting to do after I read your review on it!). Anyway, you mentioned there was one rather bloody part involving the death of Mr. Krook. Well, I have a younger sister, so could you please tell me when that bloody event occurs and in what episode? I don't think it will be a part I want my little sis to see! Is there anything else I should be aware of that might be scary/too mature for her?

Thanks!

Payton

Miss Dashwood said...

Payton,
I'm so sorry it's taken me nearly a week to respond to this! I meant to write a reply after I'd looked up which episode to warn you about and then I completely forgot. You may be finished watching the miniseries by now, but I'll write a late reply anyway. :)
In episode twelve, the body of a murdered man is discovered in an office. Nothing gruesome is shown, and for the most part all you see is his silhouette anyway. There is no blood.
I can't remember which episode is the one with Krook's death--however, it isn't really gruesome to see. It's just the idea of his death (spontaneous combustion, something people really believed in back then) which is disgusting.
Then another person's dead body is found at the end of episode 14, but that part is absolutely not gruesome, just very, very sad.
Hope that helped!